Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bailing Hay

Last night I participated in a very Idaho type activity, I went and bailed hay with Matt. To his surprise I was very excited and entertained about the whole thing. I never realized there was so much to this whole hay process. It is actually quite the ordeal and you have to be very educated to get the results that you want. Matt is totally up on the hay knowledge and told me how the whole thing works. But you all know how good my listening skills are...so long story short...the hay gets picked up off the ground and put into a bail. I took these pictures, but for those of you who are unfamiliar with the haying world, know that I was bouncing up and down in the tractor. So the pictures didn't turn out so great. But they are still worth showing.
This was my view that I had from my seat
(the tool box). It was dark outside, cuz you have to bail the hay at night...something to do with dew(not Sheri Dew) helping the hay stay together and not fly all over.







This is the bailer that was behind us. The hay was picked up by this and packed into really tight bails. Pretty intense process!




This is Matt watching all his important computer gauge things. There is a lot you have to pay attention to to make sure everything comes out okay. I bet it doesn't help to have a red head sitting there asking a thousand questions.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

DUDE! Seriously, your blog is awesome. And only with your circle of friends would you have to specify that when you said "Dew" in a hay conversation you weren't referring to Sheri Dew! Speaking of Sheri, she stopped by the house last night to see you...she said you didn't tell her that you had gone to Idaho. She's sad, you should call her!

Jaymee said...

Ha ha ha! I know huh! Yeah...I was way to sad to tell Sheri I wouldn't be living near her anymore...I just couldn't break her heart like that.